• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

obsessing

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
I have less than a week now before I set off. I am obsessing The kit is all out on the floor. I keep going through it looking at what can be left out and (so-far successfully) overcoming temptations to add more. I am spending endless time on this forum reading posts (and thank you, there is such a wealth of helpful and supportive insight here). I have a very long list of final jobs that gets longer rather then shorter. I am practicing Spanish (still poco). I keep looking at the airline website to check I haven't forgotten something that will cost an arm and a leg. I have started a blog. I have twisted my ankle and spend time contemplating the lovely yellow and purple colours. Half of me is so excited that I walk around with a permanent inane grin. The other half is scared witless.

Is this normal behaviour?

Andy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Andy Normal no- but then nor is the Camino, so it sounds as if you are absolutely on course! You still have to get the shakes and experience an overwhelming desire to hug anyone else you see with a backpack (joking but only just!)
Your anticipation brings back some happy memories of my own thank you -it's like being given back Christmas isn't it?
Bonne route
Nell

Hi Andy,
It is reassuring to know there are other people out there who are doing exactly the same stuff as me right now...kit checking, list writing, Spanish revision, spending way too much time on this great website, going quietly gaga etc. I haven't started a blog but am compiling a mammoth list of all refugios and other accommodation enroute. Like you I am really looking forward to it but still apprehensive as it is a bit of a step into the unknown...
My husband is much calmer but hasn't helped tonight by suggesting there will be REALLY BIG spiders :shock: although I have retorted by adding a REALLY BIG jam jar to his packing list
Hope you have a great camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum