A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

On theCamino this week

I began my Camino on September 10th in St Jean Pied de Port and finished in Fromista on September 24th. I walked for 14 days with one days rest in Burgos. With the exception of two very wet days the weather was kind and the walking good and easy.
I will return to complete the journey to Santiago in June next year.

I'm not sure what I expected the Camino to be before I began but it turned out to be better than anything I could have wished for. For what it's worth my observations are:

The Camino is not about walking long distances: even though the pleasure one gets after walking for 6 or 7 hours is great.
The Camino is not about getting to Santiago: even though I'm told Santiago is a lovely city.
The Camino is not about the beauty of Spain: even though I walked through some of the most beautiful and panoramic countryside I have ever seen.
The Camino is not about religion: even though the churches are awesome and some pilgrims may pray a bit more than at home.

The Camino is all about PEOPLE: the plain and simple people from all of the nations of the world.
I met so many wonderful people from all over the world that my Camino became for me a wonderful experience that I wish everyone could experience.
To all of the Canadians ,French ,German ,Irish , Japanese and especially , the Spanish people I met during those 14 days I say a very sincere thank you.

To those still on the road God Bless you all.

Buen Camino

Thank you for your lovely insight. I am resting Burgos for a day after 13 days of walking. I feel very tired and sore questioning the reason for this journey. However, your shared thoughts have brought me back to the reality of my trek.

Indeed, the venture across Spain is beautiful, the conversing with the Universe necessary, and the goal of completion...individual. The people...the people are what make the journey so incredibly special. Those that may touch us with only a smile or a "Buen Camino" with heart felt desire. Yes, John that is the reason why I am hear and I am grateful that you reminded me of my intention.

Buen Camino,

OLDER threads on this topic

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.3%
  • May

Votes: 82 24.5%
  • June