• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On walking... One man's experience...

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
I came across this in my morning's reading. I read everything from all over the world. But, this struck a chord.

While it is a different style of walking, it could be a valid training method...for some...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was always good in fast walking which is also an athletic/olympic discipline and I still enjoy it sometimes. BUT if you are doing it for decades better count on hip replacement surgery way sooner as doing any other sport(s).

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Or... the ever popular... "The journey IS the destination..."
Indeed! The instant we take that first step.
The effort required to compel mind, body, and spirit into the starting blocks, regardless of the endeavor (climbing a mountain, starting a business, running a marathon), is the mark of our human enterprise and progress—as we challenge ourselves at every turn. Neither age, impairment, nor status shall deter us.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So glad I read all your posts. Sometimes it feels I am the slowest walker in the world and I start wishing I could go faster. You have just confirmed once again that your way is your way and it is the best way for you - now just need to remember that xx

Most read last week in this forum