Jan 26, 2011
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Lyon
Le Puy to SJPP
Porto to Santiago.
Santiago to Finnistre and Muxia
Hi all,
I Plan on walking the camino for one week during April 2011. I plan on starting in St Jean -Pied De Port.I hope to finish this section in Logrona anyone got any suggestions on how I will get back to SJPP as I will fly back from Biaritz. Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

skilsaw

Veteran Member
May 7, 2009
Victoria, Canada
Sil is right.
Bus to Logrono to Hendaye, then Biarritz.
The idea of walking back from Roncesvalles to SJPP is romantic, but impractical.
SJPP to Logrono is a very realistic plan for 7 days of walking. We walked a little shorter distances each day (23 - 25 kms) from SJPP to Logrono because we were not in shape, but after Logrono we found our stride and sped up to average 28 kms per day.

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2007
Ireland
Yes,it depends on your time frame, and Ed doesn't have too much to spare if destination is goal so forget the "romance", and skilsaw is correct to highlight this
However I think it's an option for consideration for walkers / pilgrims who use public transport to get to Roncavelles, whether they are starting or finishing their Camino.
Leaving Roncavelles the walk up through the woods is a good test for your wits as you are travelling in opposite direction and as you climb you keep looking back to see if markers are visible for your descent next morning, although the path is there you must be observant. Assuming the weather is favourable and you get to St. J de P you don't feel under pressure next morning to walk back down this Napolean route through the woods, you can always veer right if conditions are not suitable for walk through woods.
All going well you should cover the ground to Logrono within the week.

Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Edward1

Jan 26, 2011
Ireland
SJPP to Lyon
Le Puy to SJPP
Porto to Santiago.
Santiago to Finnistre and Muxia
Getting to Lorgano I dont think will be the problem, its the geting back to make a flight connection in Biarritz thats the problem and I dont speak spanish but I dont see that as a problem either I will figure it out when I need help. I hope that when I use some refuges along the way other pilgrims will be able to give me the benifit of their advice and when I make it back I will be able to forward any useful tips I recieve along the way. Dont give up somebody must have done this due to time constraints.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.