• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One week only walk.

Edward1

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Lyon
Le Puy to SJPP
Porto to Santiago.
Santiago to Finnistre and Muxia
Hi all,
I Plan on walking the camino for one week during April 2011. I plan on starting in St Jean -Pied De Port.I hope to finish this section in Logrona anyone got any suggestions on how I will get back to SJPP as I will fly back from Biaritz. Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thanks for that i will check it out.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sil is right.
Bus to Logrono to Hendaye, then Biarritz.
The idea of walking back from Roncesvalles to SJPP is romantic, but impractical.
SJPP to Logrono is a very realistic plan for 7 days of walking. We walked a little shorter distances each day (23 - 25 kms) from SJPP to Logrono because we were not in shape, but after Logrono we found our stride and sped up to average 28 kms per day.

Yes,it depends on your time frame, and Ed doesn't have too much to spare if destination is goal so forget the "romance", and skilsaw is correct to highlight this
However I think it's an option for consideration for walkers / pilgrims who use public transport to get to Roncavelles, whether they are starting or finishing their Camino.
Leaving Roncavelles the walk up through the woods is a good test for your wits as you are travelling in opposite direction and as you climb you keep looking back to see if markers are visible for your descent next morning, although the path is there you must be observant. Assuming the weather is favourable and you get to St. J de P you don't feel under pressure next morning to walk back down this Napolean route through the woods, you can always veer right if conditions are not suitable for walk through woods.
All going well you should cover the ground to Logrono within the week.

Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Getting to Lorgano I dont think will be the problem, its the geting back to make a flight connection in Biarritz thats the problem and I dont speak spanish but I dont see that as a problem either I will figure it out when I need help. I hope that when I use some refuges along the way other pilgrims will be able to give me the benifit of their advice and when I make it back I will be able to forward any useful tips I recieve along the way. Dont give up somebody must have done this due to time constraints.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.