Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Only have 5 days on Primitivo, which stages should I do?

cds22

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (April 2018)
Camino Primitivo (April 2018)
I only have 2 weeks to walk (my first Camino) so had decided to split my time between the Norte and Primitivo. Just arrived in Bilao today after starting in Irun. My plan was to spend tomorrow here then take a bus to Oviedo from Bilbao, walk as far as I can in 5 days then bus on to Santiago for my flight. Bought the bus ticket to Oviedo without really checking into the other end and now it looks like getting a bus from somewhere around La Mesa is going to be a problem.

Wondering if anyone has advice on what might be my best option for 5 days on the Primitivo given that I need to bus there from Bilbao then to Santiago at the end. I'm not really concerned about getting the compostella, am more interested in walking where the scenery is good. Had no problem with the hills on the Norte and would look to walk an average of about 25km per day (say 20 - 35km on any given day).

Any suggestions or thoughts? Maybe I should do something other than the Primitivo? Thanks folks!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I only have 2 weeks to walk (my first Camino) so had decided to split my time between the Norte and Primitivo. Just arrived in Bilao today after starting in Irun. My plan was to spend tomorrow here then take a bus to Oviedo from Bilbao, walk as far as I can in 5 days then bus on to Santiago for my flight. Bought the bus ticket to Oviedo without really checking into the other end and now it looks like getting a bus from somewhere around La Mesa is going to be a problem.

Wondering if anyone has advice on what might be my best option for 5 days on the Primitivo given that I need to bus there from Bilbao then to Santiago at the end. I'm not really concerned about getting the compostella, am more interested in walking where the scenery is good. Had no problem with the hills on the Norte and would look to walk an average of about 25km per day (say 20 - 35km on any given day).

Any suggestions or thoughts? Maybe I should do something other than the Primitivo? Thanks folks!!
You could take the bus from Oviedo on to Pola de Allande then walk from there over Puerto de Palo, through finally to one of the larger villages between A Fonsagrada and Lugo.
Bus from A Fonsagrada to Lugo stops in Paradavella, O Cadabo etc. Times and stops can be checked in A Fonsagrada.
Buses go from Lugo to Santiago, some via the airport.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for the suggestions. I've decided to do something that combines both: took the bus to Tineo today and will walk to A Fonsagrada. Hopefully via the hospitales route. That should give me some of the nicest landscapes and an easy transport to Santiago at the end. :)

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back