• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orange SIM card on Le Puy camino

Time of past OR future Camino
Fr (17), Prim (19), CF/Norte ‘21, Le Puy/Inv22
Forgive me if this has been covered many times before, but I am wondering how well an Orange Sim card will work in my iPhone along the rural areas of the Le Puy Camino. If Wi-Fi is limited or unavailable is this a reasonable approach or should I get a burner phone?
Thank you in advance…

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Richmond - I've been using an Orange e-sim and it has been great. I lost service briefly in Nasbinals, but so did everyone else :) I've found the data more reliable than wifi, and it has been super helpful being able to text/call with a French number!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Forgive me if this has been covered many times before, but I am wondering how well an Orange Sim card will work in my iPhone along the rural areas of the Le Puy Camino. If Wi-Fi is limited or unavailable is this a reasonable approach or should I get a burner phone?
Thank you in advance…
I am using Orange network [via Le French Mobile] ... it hasn’t missed a beat so far and I am deep in the Cévennes ...

I used the
Thank you in advance…
Orange holiday card last fall and it worked just fine. You’ll get a French phone number. Made it so easy. Have fun!

Thank you in advance…
Hello Richmond, I walked the CF this Spring and had good luck with an Orange SIM card. I got mine at an Orange shop which was a positive experience. I’d recommend that because the assistance given was very helpful and friendly. They put the SIM card into my iphone 11 and there were a couple of issues immediately between the SIM and my phone but they hung in there and quickly resolved those issues for me. They answered all my questions and I experienced no disruption of service or any problems during my Camino.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
@amandurr and @lisagb, your replies answer a critical aspect of the question, which is that the Orange SIM card will give me a French phone number. This will make calling gîtes (and any other in country phone calls) much simpler. Also knowing that Orange store employees handle the glitch issues is reassuring. The actual SIM card switch looks simple enough, but I will gladly let experts ply their trade.
Thanks so much for the advice!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims. We will be walking the Via Podiensis from Le Puy-en-Velay in Sep/Oct this year and are in the process of planning our route and stages. We see there are three route variants...
Hi all, I just bought my ticket for my next Camino this summer (yay!). I wanted to walk in France—I loved the Norte and primitivo last year, and I thought it would be cool to explore another...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back