• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Other Pilgrimage routes ......

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
If you haven't found your way to the 'Other Pilgrimage Routes' section of the forum, it's a really interesting place to get some ideas and read some blogs about other non-Spainish routes you can walk, some of which may be easier to visit or be just different. I walked the Lycian Way in Turkey 4 years ago, and just re-read my notes in preparation for walking St Paul's Trail in Turkey in 3 or 4 weeks. What a truly spectacular walk that was. All good fun.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you haven't found your way to the 'Other Pilgrimage Routes' section of the forum, it's a really interesting place to get some ideas and read some blogs about other non-Spainish routes you can walk, some of which may be easier to visit or be just different. I walked the Lycian Way in Turkey 4 years ago, and just re-read my notes in preparation for walking St Paul's Trail in Turkey in 3 or 4 weeks. What a truly spectacular walk that was. All good fun.

Thank you for the write up. I had thought about the Lycian Way, but after having read your blogs, I will be traveling in Turkey by bus. I'm 73 y/o with weak ankles and Achilles tendons. I will be sticking with well travelled and less challenging walks. Thanks again for writing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
No problem. Everywhere is possible by minibus, and then day walks as you see fit. The great thing about Turkey, and the Lycian Way, is you can use the brilliant minibusses that go everywhere to travel about, as well as coaches and trains. If my shoulder injury doesn't clear up within 3 weeks, Plan B is exactly that.

No problem. Everywhere is possible by minibus, and then day walks as you see fit. The great thing about Turkey, and the Lycian Way, is you can use the brilliant minibusses that go everywhere to travel about, as well as coaches and trains. If my shoulder injury doesn't clear up within 3 weeks, Plan B is exactly that.

Lovely. I walked the Lycian way in October, 2015 at the end of a string of walks (including my first Camino Frances).

It was the most challenging, IMO and some of the mountains were pretty tough going.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 13

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back