• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Passport

PeteW

Hi I'm planning to start in 2 weeks time from SJPP and need to know where I can get my Pilgrim passport, any ideas?

PeteW

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi - when you get to to St Jean go to the Pilgrims' Office there:

St Jean Pied-de-Port Accueil St Jacques,
39 rue de la Citadelle

They will provide you with a Pilgrim Passport and up to date information on weather conditions etc. TAKE THEIR ADVICE particularly about which route to take to Roncevalles.

Buen Camino

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Pete, thanks. I'm sure you know this but perhaps I should have said that they will give specific advice about the advisability of walking the Route Napoleon over the mountain to Roncesvalles as opposed to the lower route. February/March remains a challenging month as far as the weather is concerned particularly on this crossing.

Best wishes for your impending Camino

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
To be very blunt, Pilgrims get lost in snow storms on the Route Napoleon, and some have perished.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum