Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Physical recovery 2 weeks post-camino

RonelK

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Central (2019)
Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I finished the Porto to Santiago on 22 September and thoroughly enjoyed the walk. I am back home and back in routine. I'm not tired anymore and set out for my first walk on Sunday morning. I did a 10km walk, but I retained to much water. Since I've returned, the water retention is like something I've never experienced before. Why would that be?

And another question please....my husband says it's probably from overusing my body (I don't agree!) but when will I feel 100% again and when can I get back to exercise. I really miss being active!

Thanks in advance!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I finished the Porto to Santiago on 22 September and thoroughly enjoyed the walk. I am back home and back in routine. I'm not tired anymore and set out for my first walk on Sunday morning. I did a 10km walk, but I retained to much water. Since I've returned, the water retention is like something I've never experienced before. Why would that be?

And another question please....my husband says it's probably from overusing my body (I don't agree!) but when will I feel 100% again and when can I get back to exercise. I really miss being active!

Thanks in advance!
Here is the only advice you should use. If this is a concern see your doctor.

CdnDreamer

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (12, 15 & 18) San Salvador (18), Portuguese (19)
I agree with the advice above. We don't know anything about you - your age, your health history etc. We can't see how much water retention you have. If you are worried about your health see a doctor.

Congratulations on walking from Porto to Santiago!

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.

Thanks in advance!
Any time that I do a long run or walk, 20 to 15 miles, I can expect to weigh 5 lbs more the next day. The muscles retain water.

ExiledSW

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Fraces starting August 15th - Finished September 11th
Don't forget your diet. During the Camino the food was much different than at home and the frequency of meals was completely different. If your diet has changed the electrolytes balance in your system will change with your normal diet.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
E Camino Portugues - Coastal Route from Porto 9

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock