• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim, were you injured on your 500 miles??

A selection of Camino Jewellery
love it,, i listened to this song and had it in my head when i walked;and yes had injurys but got through and loved every minute,and i would walk 500 hundred more just to be there:)

Me too, I must have looked totally crazy stomping along in time with the music!
I got bitten whilst taking a 'wild wee' ON MY LEG! Had severe reaction to mosquito bite, but kept going! Thank you God for antibiotics, anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories, this cocktail got me finally to Santiago and the song lifted my spirits. Like childbirth you forget the pain, going again in September.

Me too, I must have looked totally crazy stomping along in time with the music!
I got bitten whilst taking a 'wild wee' ON MY LEG! Had severe reaction to mosquito bite, but kept going! Thank you God for antibiotics, anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories, this cocktail got me finally to Santiago and the song lifted my spirits. Like childbirth you forget the pain, going again in September.
i agree,,prob looked liked a bit of a nutter as my phone is so old i didnt even try to download the song ,,so was just bouncing {as much as u can with a pack on you back:)}with the music in my head.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think I could make a claim. I just dug out the documentation they gave me in Santiago to check the T&Cs, but it's written in Latin! That's opaque at the very least. ;)

Yes, unknown to me I broke a bone in my foot. I did not know at the time and only found out when I returned home. It turned out to be a stress fracture of a Metatarsal bone. I didn't even know you can break a bone by walking. I know the signs now and would not continue walking if it happend again. But I made it to Santiago that time. I must admit I have quite a high pain threshold.

Yes, unknown to me I broke a bone in my foot. I did not know at the time and only found out when I returned home. It turned out to be a stress fracture of a Metatarsal bone. I didn't even know you can break a bone by walking. I know the signs now and would not continue walking if it happend again. But I made it to Santiago that time. I must admit I have quite a high pain threshold.
It seems I did that here at home, several months ago, although I'm just getting a proper diagnosis next week. It has been healing but slowly as I didn't give it enough recovery time. How long did it take for you to fully recover?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It seems I did that here at home, several months ago, although I'm just getting a proper diagnosis next week. It has been healing but slowly as I didn't give it enough recovery time. How long did it take for you to fully recover?
I was told that the normal recovery/healing time for a bone fracture is at least 6 weeks. However, it still takes more time to get back to normal after that due to no or very little activity. I guess everyone is different and unfortunately I walked for nearly 300km with that injury and for that reason it probably took longer to recover fully. All is good now but as I said, I know the symptoms now and would do things differently if it happened again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
David, this could be the funniest thing you have ever posted!
I wish we had a "Love it" button.
I'm with you wawpdx - David's excelled himself with this one!
BTW - For me this song is one of the biggest earworms ever - each time I hear it, it takes AGES to get it out of my head! :mad::D

I'm with you wawpdx - David's excelled himself with this one!
BTW - For me this song is one of the biggest earworms ever - each time I hear it, it takes AGES to get it out of my head! :mad::D
And didn't you just have to go to youtube or your ipod to listen to it right away? Its been in my head for days!!! I don't mind it cheers me up while I wait most impatiently to go! :rolleyes::):D:p

And didn't you just have to go to youtube or your ipod to listen to it right away? Its been in my head for days!!! I don't mind it cheers me up while I wait most impatiently to go! :rolleyes::):D:p
Absolutely Griffin57! It's the perfect Camino anthem isn't it! Poles tapping along in time to it all - can't you just imagine it! :)
Cheers - Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Absolutely Griffin57! It's the perfect Camino anthem isn't it! Poles tapping along in time to it all - can't you just imagine it! :)
Cheers - Jenny
It really is! I sang it out loud (when I was walking alone) and my son Ben said that when he went in May 2013 he and his 'camimo family' often broke out in song whilst walking (being careful not to annoy the other pilgrims of course) and this was their favorite!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back