• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning for CF in Sept 2019 - flights booked

AndrewDavOz

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Hi,
I'm from near Canberra, Australia.
This will be my first time on the Camino, planning to leave SJPP on 28th Aug 2019. I have booked my flights so I'm committed now.
I'm using the info from this forum to guide me in equipment choices. Have bushwalking experience but no longer trips like this one. Will be 70 at the time I walk. Looking forward to it! Setting out solo but open to meeting new friends along the way.
Andrew

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome, you will find it life changing. I will be starting from Madrid mid September and am not sure if i will walk to Sahagun or fly to Bilbao and attempt an aborted Northern route I tried last spring. Buen Camino!

Hello Andrew. I, too, am leaving on the 27th of September. Perhaps we will meet !
Debra

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Debra,
That would be good. I’ll be the guy trying not to get lost on the first day’s walk!
I’m looking into backpacks currently, trying to take all the advice received and translate that into a pack for my needs.
Edit: I am departing SJPP on 27th or 28th August, not September. You will have slightly cooler weather.
Thanks
Andrew

Last edited:
You will definitely meet new friends along the way. For me it was the best part about the Camino ... if I had to pick just one thing. I still keep in touch with some of the wonderful people I met on the Camino. Some I lost touch with and will never see again but I will never forget them. Here´s a tip....write down the names of the people you meet and get a pic if you can. You may not remember their names after you return home.
I know you will have a wonderful time.
All the best,
Charlotte

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will definitely meet new friends along the way.... Here´s a tip....write down the names of the people you meet and get a pic if you can. You may not remember their names after you return home.
I know you will have a wonderful time.
All the best,
Charlotte
Thanks Charlotte, that’s a great idea. I will try to do that whenever possible. I’m a frequent photographer. Including people and their names will be a great way to recall the people I meet, assuming they are ok with that of course!
Regards, Andrew.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.