• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pole Tip Protectors - A Serious matter - There are tips and tips

I have also used Leki poles on my four Caminos, and have found the Leki branded tip protectors are the most durable. I put a new set on at the start of the Camino and take a spare set...usually I do not need to change protectors. The downside with Leki protectors is they seem difficult to find..at least here in Western Canada. However, they seem to be the best from an endurance perspective.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Find ones you like and insert a small coin in the bottom of the hole to prevent the pole tip from coming through from the inside out.
Filling the hole with hot glue also moves the tip back and doubles the life of the tip.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have also used Leki poles on my four Caminos, and have found the Leki branded tip protectors are the most durable.
I have used Black Diamond, Komperdell, Leki and a variety of other branded and un branded tips on a similarly wide variety of poles. BD recently changed the design of their tip, but it's predecessor had a similar life to the Leki tips I have used at under half the price. That made BD a no-brainer for me.
The longest lasting tips I ever found came from Sweden, branded BungyPump of Sweden. They had an extra thick sole, and were clearly designed to withstand the local roads.

Most read last week in this forum