• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis

Charrito

Veteran Member
In a couple of weeks I'll be doing the Camino Portugués for the third time, this time with Mrs. Charrito!

I'm sure some of you already know this place, but I would recommend you all to make a very slight detour just 6 kilometres before getting to Caldas de Reis (they always tell you about it in Mesón Don Pulpo in San Amaro). Just the other side of the main road, about one kilometre before you pass the Albergue de Briallos, you will find the most incredible waterfalls of Barosa:

http://www.barosa.es/

Well worth a visit. There's a bar/restaurant with a great terrace by the waterfall. It's the perfect place to have a rest, and just an hour and a bit afterwards to get to Caldas.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In a couple of weeks I'll be doing the Camino Portugués for the third time, this time with Mrs. Charrito!

I'm sure some of you already know this place, but I would recommend you all to make a very slight detour just 6 kilometres before getting to Caldas de Reis (they always tell you about it in Mesón Don Pulpo in San Amaro). Just the other side of the main road, about one kilometre before you pass the Albergue de Briallos, you will find the most incredible waterfalls of Barosa:

http://www.barosa.es/

Well worth a visit. There's a bar/restaurant with a great terrace by the waterfall. It's the perfect place to have a rest, and just an hour and a bit afterwards to get to Caldas.

Thanks. I always wanted to go there, but I always forget about the location of it :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for highlighting this detour. I had never heard of it before, although I have walked past the area on three different occasions. It looks beautiful and will be a definite stop if/when I pass this way again.

The hyperlink to google maps below shows the location and walking directions from where the Camino Portugues joins the main (N550) road. Camino path is coming South to North on the 1st small track, LHS of the main road (at 7 o'clock position to the main road).

Directions from Camino Route

Thanks for highlighting this detour. I had never heard of it before, although I have walked past the area on three different occasions. It looks beautiful and will be a definite stop if/when I pass this way again.

The hyperlink to google maps below shows the location and walking directions from where the Camino Portugues joins the main (N550) road. Camino path is coming South to North on the 1st small track, LHS of the main road (at 7 o'clock position to the main road).

Directions from Camino Route

Thanks for posting the map with directions. For anyone who makes the slight detour to the other side of the road I guarantee you will not be disappointed: it is simply SPECTACULAR!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back