• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto in May!

Sarah Olson

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017, Portugues
Starting my first camino in Porto on May 8, hope to walk through to Finesterre and Muxia as well. I will be looking for fellow pilgrims, say hi if you see me! Bom Caminho!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Sarah

What did you find to be the best way to get to Porto...

Buen Camino
Chris

Sarah, my wife and I are doing the same route as you are planning except our first day of walking will be April 7th. We plan to walk to Finisterre and Muxia as well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Sarah

Buen Camino
Chris
Christian, I'll jump in here. Leaving from Alberta, Canada we are flying to Madrid and then flying via Omega Air to Porto. May be other or better ways, but this seemed like our best option

Sarah, my wife and I are doing the same route as you are planning except our first day of walking will be April 7th. We plan to walk to Finisterre and Muxia as well.
Your time is almost here! Bom caminho! I would be glad to know how it goes for you!

Hi Sarah

Buen Camino
Chris
Hi Chris!
I am flying out of Portland to Madrid, then catching a Veuling flight to Porto. If you don't already have the Rome2Rio app, I highly recommend it! Bom caminho!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Enjoy. My first Camino was from Porto to Santiago. I'll never forget it.

Christian, I'll jump in here. Leaving from Alberta, Canada we are flying to Madrid and then flying via Omega Air to Porto. May be other or better ways, but this seemed like our best option

I did not realize that there was a flight from Madrid, that is perfect.

Thanks

Hi Chris!
I am flying out of Portland to Madrid, then catching a Veuling flight to Porto. If you don't already have the Rome2Rio app, I highly recommend it! Bom caminho!

Thanks Sarah... I did not have or know about this app, appreciate that you mentioned it. Now i'm playing with it :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I did not realize that there was a flight from Madrid, that is perfect.

Thanks
There are quite a few flights from Madrid to Porto! I made a mistake, mine is with AirEuropa. Some of the flights are quite cheap, my biggest challenge was finding one late in the afternoon.

Hi Sarah

Buen Camino
Chris

Chris I don't know how much time you have but see if it fits your needs/schedule/budget to fly Toronto to Boston to Ponta Delgada Sao Miguel Azores to Porto.

I will fly Salt Lake City to Boston to Azores to Porto in September. It is the cheapest way for me and I will get to spend 4 days in the Azores with my buddy from Boston who is walking the camino with me.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Olá Chris,

if you can get a flight to Lisbon, there are many cheap (36 €) rapid trains a day from Lisboa Oriente station to Porto Campanha.
Lisboa Oriente is close to the airport, by metro or by taxi in about 10 minutes.

Chris I don't know how much time you have but see if it fits your needs/schedule/budget to fly Toronto to Boston to Ponta Delgada Sao Miguel Azores to Porto.

I will fly Salt Lake City to Boston to Azores to Porto in September. It is the cheapest way for me and I will get to spend 4 days in the Azores with my buddy from Boston who is walking the camino with me.
Whoa, what an awful place to spend a few extra days!! Lucky you!

I'm now going in September -- have tickets! and the way I was able to use miles for my flight was American to Madrid, Iberian to Lisbon, then train to Porto. I wanted the Lisbon stop because I want to spend a couple of days seeing Lisbon. I may never get to Portugal again, would love to see at least some of Lisbon. Then, my return flight is from Madrid. So excited.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

That is a great way to do it Mike... Unfortunately I'm still working and have to schedule my time more closely, this working things interferes with my life :)

Olá Chris,

if you can get a flight to Lisbon, there are many cheap (36 €) rapid trains a day from Lisboa Oriente station to Porto Campanha.
Lisboa Oriente is close to the airport, by metro or by taxi in about 10 minutes.

Hi Rainerbernd
That makes planning so much easier. Getting to Lisbon is simple, part of the plan is to be in Lisbon for a couple of days. I'm convincing my wife to come with me, perhaps September but she is not buying yet.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
That is a great way to do it Mike... Unfortunately I'm still working and have to schedule my time more closely, this working things interferes with my life :)

Me too. 5 years and 7 days until I retire . . .

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.