• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to Santiago over Christmas

EmNz

Time of past OR future Camino
Francais 2013
Porto 2015/16
I am setting out from Porto today.
Still a little unsure as to taking the main or coastal routes. Does anyone know of Alburges are open over Christmas and is anyone else taking either route around this time?

Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
where are you 24 th or 25th of december ?
We are in between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.

Walking to Barcelos today and then aiming for Ponte de Lima the following, feet permitting :-:):)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The weather is rotten. I am sure today you were faced with the first muddy and puddle covered tracks.
There'll be plenty more, so I hope you have good rain protection and waterproof boots.
Tomorrow is set for rain again, but not as much and it'll improve from friday onwards.

I'm guessing Albertinho is at Fernanda's. It's not a long day from Barcelos, but if you have the time do that tomorrow and enter Ponte de Lima with better weather.

Almost forgot. The albergues in Barcelinhos will definitely be open as is the albergue in Ponte de Lima. Not sure about Rubiães or Tamel. Rubiães definitely has alternatives though.

The weather is rotten. I am sure today you were faced with the first muddy and puddle covered tracks.
There'll be plenty more, so I hope you have good rain protection and waterproof boots.
Tomorrow is set for rain again, but not as much and it'll improve from friday onwards.

I'm guessing Albertinho is at Fernanda's. It's not a long day from Barcelos, but if you have the time do that tomorrow and enter Ponte de Lima with better weather.
Exactly. :) you could know it.
We do not walk but are on our way by car. We are staying at Fernanda's. Arriving tomorrow in the afternoon

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Walking to Barcelos today and then aiming for Ponte de Lima the following, feet permitting :-:):)
You are missing a good time passing by Fernanda's
Better stay there ! It is the best place to stay north of Porto ! Casa da Fernanda in Vitorino dos Piães. It is on the caminho approx. 18 kms after Barcelos

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back