• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugese Rail announcement about Strike Action April 18-30

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
I've just been checking the Portugal Rail site (http://www.cp.pt) to confirm train times for next Saturday 23rd and found the following notice is posted in the Notices section.

Services Disruptions - 18 to 30 April 2011
Due to strikes announced by several trade unions, we regret to inform that services disruptions
are foreseen to occur in in all CP services specially in the period between 22 and 26 April:

Disruptions are expected to begin at the end of the day of 21 April, also worth pointing out:

Days 22, 23, 24 and 25 of April:

- Urban Services of Oporto – only minimum services in the Aveiro Line – Minimum services available soon.

- Intercity and International – only minimum services.

Days 22, 24 and 25 of April:

- Urban Services of Lisbon – no trains circulation.

- Regional and InterRegional Services – only minimum services.

Alternative transports will not be provided.

I know of at least one other forum member who is travelling during this time so please be aware that you may have to make alternative transport arrangements.

If anybody has details of coach\bus companies operating from Porto to Valenca\Tui I'd be extremely grateful for the details. Also, if you are based in that area and have any more detail of the planned strike action and whether it extends beyond rail transport.

Many Thanks
Mig :(

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Susanna,

Thankyou for that information. I've now spoken to the Portuguese Rail Call Centre and they basically said they cannot guarantee any train during the strike period even if it is advertised as part of the limited service. They said the Porto Metro system was unaffected.

We've now booked bus tickets instead via http://www.rede-expressos.pt/. I hope the bus drivers don't come out in sympathy :( . Shame, I was really looking forward to the train journey.

Mig

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back