• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese Central starting mid-September

couldbe

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, fellow pilgrims. Five years ago while standing in line to get my certificate, the man behind us in line remarked on how beautiful the Portuguese Camino was, so I resolved to go there next. I'm starting in Porto on September 17 and am going very, very slowly from there (anywhere from 8 to 24km a day). I've booked accommodations via a travel agency, so the towns I'm staying in are set.

I've hesitated to post here because I worry that people will feel I've overplanned and underchallenged myself on this trip. The real challenge for me will be slowing myself down. Because of the short walking days, I'm going to have hours of free time. My goal is to be fully present and to be open to what happens. Thank you to all the peregrinos who've shared their experiences and suggestions on this forum!

--Pilar W., North Carolina, USA

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen Camino!
Your Camino, your way;nothing wrong with that enjoy yourself!!
I arrive in Porto on the 17th for the Coastal and Espiritual so our paths go different ways(plus i start my walk on the 20th);i wish you good luck and a happy walk.
Woody.

Hi, fellow pilgrims. Five years ago while standing in line to get my certificate, the man behind us in line remarked on how beautiful the Portuguese Camino was, so I resolved to go there next. I'm starting in Porto on September 17 and am going very, very slowly from there (anywhere from 8 to 24km a day). I've booked accommodations via a travel agency, so the towns I'm staying in are set.

I've hesitated to post here because I worry that people will feel I've overplanned and underchallenged myself on this trip. The real challenge for me will be slowing myself down. Because of the short walking days, I'm going to have hours of free time. My goal is to be fully present and to be open to what happens. Thank you to all the peregrinos who've shared their experiences and suggestions on this forum!

Starting from Porto Sept 21, w 12 days to Santiago - Coastal Route. May bump into you on last few days.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Dear Pilar, I am flying with 3 girlfriends from the US to Porto on Sep 15 and plan to start walking (Central Route) (our first Camino) on Sep 17. We plan to taxi over from downtown Porto to Custio metro stop to start our walk and then arrive Santiago on Sep 30, so we have some moderate walking to do. We are from FL, CO, WY, and ID. Maybe we will meet up in Porto or along the way?

Dear Pilar, I am flying with 3 girlfriends from the US to Porto on Sep 15 and plan to start walking (Central Route) (our first Camino) on Sep 17. We plan to taxi over from downtown Porto to Custio metro stop to start our walk and then arrive Santiago on Sep 30, so we have some moderate walking to do. We are from FL, CO, WY, and ID. Maybe we will meet up in Porto or along the way?
Yes, maybe we'll meet up! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a group of four intrepid women! Buen camino!

You will be rewarded Pilar for walking a slow(er) Camino. I’ve walked more than 1 Camino and in October I’ll start walking from Lisbon to Santiago. It’s the first time I have reserved accommodation the first half. Don’t worry about others comments or attitudes. I also used to walk 30+ km daily ( ore slogging it out vs walking) but now I too will also slow down, walk shorter distances,enjoy each day and “breathe” Portugal and it’s people into my soul. God bless and Buen Camino. ❤️👣

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sounds like a wonderful journey Pilar! Savor all the experiences each day will bring --
Bom Caminho! :)

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back