• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese Wanderers

Playful Dread

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre) June/July 2015
Portuguese Way (Lisbon - Santiago - Finisterre) May/June 2017
Good evening (UK).

My wife and I walked the Portuguese Way 2 years ago in July 15. It was my first Camino and my wife's second, as she walked the French Way literally 6 days after we'd met and had our very first date.

We decided to do the Portuguese Way for our honeymoon, flying into Porto and taking the coastal route along the Atlantic coast for the first section of our journey. After reaching Santiago we had already decided before leaving the UK that we wanted to continue to Finisterre, which we managed but decided against travelling to Muxia due to the weather conditions. So we jumped a bus back along route to Vila Do Conde and walked back along the coast as best we could trying to follow the arrows. A large section of this coastal route though was being re-routed so it became quite difficult at times and we ended up walking many miles more than we'd anticipated having been caught out with river inlets or simply taking wrong turns trying our best to stick to the coast etc.

Main highlights for myself was staying a few extra nights in Caminha for the medieval festival on our way back and meeting some really extraordinary people on our travels from all over the world

And so to this year, come May 1st we plan to do it all again only from Lisbon this time. We're taking 6 weeks off to do the walk again and this time plan to stay over a few extra nights in Caminha again as well as Ponte De Lima and a few of the coastal towns we passed along the way.

I'll be posting more of our experience and also looking for some advice this time around with equipment etc. as we're looking to camp out wild again this time. We're taking a tarp with us as last time we had no shelter other than our sleeping bags and self inflating ground mats. So the early morning dew tended to rest upon us and make us rather cold come 4/5 am in the morning.

Love and blessings to all who wander the earth.
Bon Camino 11219061_10207231282964097_342501621291755200_n.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi from the Uk and welcome to the forum! I have also come across those Medieval Festivals, they are good fun!

Best wishes from a fellow freecamper

Davey (Brighton)

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.