• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Pre Camino Jitters

Cassadaga

Hello forum of lovely people- I'll be trekking the part of the Camino Portuguese from Porto to Santiago as my first camino , and as femme solo ...I suppose my only concern is finding myself lost ( pun intended ) follow the yellow arrow ? Are there plenty of yellow arrows? I wouldn't say my sense of direction is one of my strengths. Looking forward to the journey otherwise!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If in doubt follow the pilgrim ahead. If they're also lost at least you have company. :) Have a wonderful Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You'll be fine! I just finished camino, as a female traveling alone. I had worries and anxiety to the point of panic attacks leading up to my first day. But, after one hour on camino, every worry and anxious feeling left me, and it was a glorious feeling.
There was three times on my camino that the arrows were either nonexistent or not clear, and in that case I simply asked someone on the street, or knocked on the nearest door. "¿Dónde está El Camino?" And they were more than happy to point me in the right direction, every time.

Ahhh- congrats! I have a few good maps and my phone that proves smarter than me on the daily, but if I'm not worrying about something I'm probably not awake. I'll remember that phrase, thanks a ton. Blisters be damned ! Here I go

Proceed with confidence! there are plenty of waymarkers/yellow arrows....!
at one point though, on the atlantic route after porto, before vila de conde, local pranksters had re-arranged the yellow-arrows and had us move in a square round-about. luckily it was noticed quickly (after less then .5 km) ...we asked more locals, and we were on our way again. we had a good laugh, and moved on.
in Barcelos i had trouble finding the albergue - there were two routes out of town marked with yellow arrows. - that time i did end up exasperated - but had again a local angel help me finding the albergue and all was well.
i also walked alone 90% of the time (in May) - great experience. the alone time and the walking together time.
best wishes to your for your blessed journey.
Bom Caminho.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello forum of lovely people- I'll be trekking the part of the Camino Portuguese from Porto to Santiago as my first camino , and as femme solo ...I suppose my only concern is finding myself lost ( pun intended ) follow the yellow arrow ? Are there plenty of yellow arrows? I wouldn't say my sense of direction is one of my strengths. Looking forward to the journey otherwise!
Hi..I am also setting off alone from Leon on 10 September. I am also a little nervous but i remind myself not to waste energy on worrying about things that haven't happenend yet. And bring it back to today. today all is well..It helps me. Good luck and hope you have a fantastic camino!

The route from porto to SdC is extremely well signed. Yellow arrows all over the place. Almost impossible to get lost.

The only place where more yellow would not have been a luxury was while entering Santiago itself. Very strange.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sourkraut, me too, starting on the 2nd. I'm constantly packing and repacking my bag, wearing the Camino-hat inside, looking for apps to my iPad mini, thinkikng what kind of charger would be best, do I need an extra battery for my electrical gear, writing on my travel blog....God I wish I'd be there already!

I bought a extra battery bank to charge my iPad. It can charge my cellphone n camera. I carry one charger only. Whenever an opportunity I will charge the battery bank. U can use yr eqpt in bed with the bank attached.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I need my iPad to navigate (at least before and after the Camino), write diary, read a bit of news, do FaceTime with family. And play one computer game if nobody talks to me. Battery bank is 10,000 micro units, more than enough for 1 iPad charge. Wt is 300gm. Just gotta strain a bit to carry it.

Last edited:
I too will be walking the portugese route solo. I will be starting from Lisbon. 6weeks till I leave and counting! So excited. Getting lost is always the best bit. When do you start? :p

You'll be fine! I just finished camino, as a female traveling alone. I had worries and anxiety to the point of panic attacks leading up to my first day. But, after one hour on camino, every worry and anxious feeling left me, and it was a glorious feeling.
There was three times on my camino that the arrows were either nonexistent or not clear, and in that case I simply asked someone on the street, or knocked on the nearest door. "¿Dónde está El Camino?" And they were more than happy to point me in the right direction, every time.
Hola,
At least we can learn the above Spanish phrase or question. Thanks for sharing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jason, I finally decided (based on weight) that I'll take the non-solarpower unit. It's a 12 000 mA unit with 2 usb-ports, and a charger with 2 USB-ports as well plus a 4-way USB-splitter, That way I only need one power-outlet for all my gears. I can even charge a fellow Peregrino's phone with that setup. Ok, ok I'm a gadget-geek :)

Up to know i've brought a battery charger with me (< 100 grams). This charges my iphone ones and then has to be re-charged itself. Guess how many times ive used it? 0,00

Enough outlets available on the way.

In my defence, I'm an author, so there will be lots of use for my iPad Mini. I'm also have a terminal disease, and my 6 kids and family really want to be able to reach me, otherwise they get too worried. So I probably have to skype them quite a lot, just that they can see that I'm not overdoing it...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In my defence, I'm an author, so there will be lots of use for my iPad Mini. I'm also have a terminal disease, and my 6 kids and family really want to be able to reach me, otherwise they get too worried. So I probably have to skype them quite a lot, just that they can see that I'm not overdoing it...
Hola,
All the more you should carry all the gear your heart so desires. You look pretty strong to carry all the stuff that you need; subject to 10% of yr body weight, of course. Staying in touch with yr family is important. They will have the peace of mind. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Left my external battery behind charging one morning while walking earlier this year. Since settled on spare battery (which fits in it's own little charger case) for my phone. Cheaper if I lose it, lighter, less space.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You don't have to defend yourself. Take what you want or need. I know i do :)

I whatsapp with the homefront every night when albergue lights go out at 10pm. No way i can sleep that early, so i surf, whatsapp or get my ereader out. Another item i dont really need, but its very nice to have with me ;)

Most read last week in this forum

I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back