• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pre-Camino Syndrome

I am leaving on Wednesday on my first Camino, so I am a rookie and have started from scratch. I have spent months ( and an amount of money, that I don't like to think about) getting my gear together: Backpack, footwear, socks, pants, t-shirts/shirt, etc., etc. and I have spent days organizing it in my backpack in different (non-rattling) bags. It has been kind of funny but nevertheless I am looking forward to the day when I can do my packing in ten minutes and feel confident that I have done it right.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am leaving on Wednesday on my first Camino so I am a rookie and have started from scratch.
I am sure you will be very appropriately equipped! Your questions and comments have been very sensible, and you have responded gracefully to all suggestions. You seem to have taken the advice and put it to good use. On my first Camino, I took the suggestions seriously and ended up with exactly what I needed, at about 6 kg. I credit @mspath for her excellent advice and packing list!

Next time you will pack with more confidence, but you might take just as long, as you are perfecting the details (and enjoying it)!

Please keep us posted, and Buen Camino!

Thanks for your kind response –and that also goes to all the forum members that have given me good advice. I am pretty sure, that without that, I would have left on Wednesday with a 90 liter backpack of 20 kilos with a zillion things that I wouldn’t need.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum