• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

prebookings in hostels

Dorthe

Can someone please help us with pre bookings in Arzua and Arcoda Pino. I have tried to go through the internet but none of the hostels, where we would be happy to stay, have internet bookings available. Can they speak enough English to take bookings, because my spanish is to limited that I would be able to understand them? Then I would phone them from Australia. We are 4, arriving in Arzua on the 30th June (we hope) and would just like to know that we have a bed. Is that possible, has anybody prebooked before? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for a great forum, where you feel you can ask anything and get so much help. Kind regards Dorthe

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Traditional hostels do not allow bookings - it is first come first served.
Many albergues are staffed on a rotation basis by volunteers and do not have internet, telephones or even televisions.
You can find out if the albergues you have chosen take bookings or have internet or emails by going onto this website:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergues/

Good luck!

SantiagoTravelCenter run by Ivar helped us booking in Arzua.
Erik

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum