• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Prices for albergues

Artemis

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2006, Camino Portuguese 2009
Is there a site that has the current prices for each albergue on the Camino Frances? I am trying to make a budget for another trip.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Prices charged by albergues

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/ is pretty much up-to-date but the albergues run by the church, which operate on a donativo basis now, will probably introduce a compulsory 3 euro charge at all their albergues from January 2008.
Remember that there are also municipal albergues, privately run albergues, some Confraternity run albergues (most which only ask for a donation) and church albergues. Not all charge the same - some might only charge 5 euro but others 10 euro. If you budget for an average of 5 euro you should be alright.
Good luck with your plans!

Thanks Sil. As always you came through. Hope you have a safe and wonderful journey this September.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Albergues etc

You are welcome.

This is a post (on another forum) from a July pilgrim .

Sillydoll,
Thank you for pasting the postings from another forum of the experience of others who have done the Camino without using the albergues and its limitations. It may not please the purist pilgrims but there are many others who dread the scramble for beds in crowded noisy surroundings with little privacy.

I hope your Camino will be a fulfilling one and we have always read your postings with deep interest, we are sure your forthcoming postings will be read with even more interest as you will be onthe road.

Buen Camino

Grandpa Joe

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you

Why, thank you Grandpa Joe - you are very kind! I am really looking forward to walking the camino at a more leisurely pace this time. Like Minkey, I do hope that most of the groups have moved on by the time we reach Roncesvalles.
I remember reading a quote from Alamanzor's Caliph (written - I think - in the 1500's) where he said that the crowds of pilgrims on the roads outside Pamplona were so large that he couldn't turn his carriage around! I suppose that if we want to experience a medieval pilgrimage, we might have to experience the crowds as well!
Bendigais,

Most read last week in this forum