Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo guide

Deepforest

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Camino Frances 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017 del Norte and Primitivo 2017 Via Francegina 2018.
any links to where I can buy the most up to date guide for the primitivo?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry to butt in. If do as planned and turn off the Frances at Leon to take the Salvador/Primitivo route is it possible to buy guide books for these in Leon/Oviedo?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The english language guide, cicerone contain everything you ever want.
There is also this guide compiled by Liz for Primitivo. I attach that file here.
The tourism office published northern guide is an excellent overview...

Attachments

• Combined Guide to the Camino Primitivo Most Recent 2-18-15 for adobe conversion.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Sorry to butt in. If do as planned and turn off the Frances at Leon to take the Salvador/Primitivo route is it possible to buy guide books for these in Leon/Oviedo?
It is only 5 stages. You can wing it.
The gronze site has good data on each stage.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The CSJ guides mentioned by others are great. The Cicerone guide is out in a new edition in both hard copy and on Kindle. It also is very good. I think the two best web guides are Eroski and Gronz. I based my document linked above by Rajy62 on these. Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Laurie. I'm hoping to go from Oviedo so I'll be avoiding the Salvador section this time. I think Oviedo to Santiago will be enough for a first visit.
There seems to be a lot of planning involved in getting to the start point though.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just wanted to say that Ender has published an English edition of his very comprehensive Guide to the Salvador.

http://www.slideshare.net/caminodelsalvador/guia-ingles-del-camino-del-salvador?related=1 As everyone has said, the Salvador is incredibly beautiful!

Thank you! I've downloaded the guide (which is excellent by the way) onto a pen drive which I will take with me. I hope to be able to print the guide out when I get to Leon. Six days left until I begin from Geneva!

Davey

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back