• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Problems buying a bus ticket online

Anne100

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte, Sept.-Nov. (2013)
ALSA's web site doesn't like my credit or debit cards and of course BofA insists it's not their fault, so I'm not able to buy a bus ticket in advance for travel from Bilbao to Irun. Does anyone know if buses fill up for that route on weekdays, or will I be able to purchase a ticket at the window?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I caught the bus from Bilboa to Irun in June. There was no trouble buying at the bus station on the day. There was, however, an enormously long queue to purchase tickets from the window and a small one to purchase from a machine. I took a punt and joined the short one. The fellow behind me very graciously assisted me to purchase the ticket which was just as well as, left to my own devices, I was going to take a while.

By the way, are you actually wanting to go to Irun? I was heading back to Paris so wanted to take the bus to Hendaye. The woman in the information booth told me that the bus would say Irun, the ticket would say Irun but the bus would actually go as far as Hendaye. I was a little sceptical and very hesitantly said "Hendaye" when the bus driver asked me where I was going but he confirmed that he was in fact going there.

The ALSA website only accepts cards that originate in Spain but it does take Paypal and I have successfully bought a ticket online using that service.

There are 5 buses today from Bilbo to Irun with Alsa.

You should have no problem getting a ticket for any of them.

There are also 2 buses to Hendaya/Hendaia ( I suppose they have a stop in Irun if not just walk across the International bridge into Irun.)

No problems on those either.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Are supermercados or other grocery stores open on Sundays on del Norte? Are restaurants open? Specifically, I will likely find myself in these towns on Sundays: Castro-Urdiales, Comillas...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
Elevation map shows this is really steep! What’s the best way from downtown Hondarribia up there? Then wish me luck on the Purgatorio—I am a nervous wreck.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.