• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Query re public transport from Santiago to Sarria

WilliamD

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
Hello I’d like to go from Santiago to Sarria by public transport on Saturday 7 October. Google maps only shows one option by Alsa bus to Lugo where you then take a train. The connecting times look very tight. Amy info welcome

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is too early for definitive October timetables to be published but at the moment you can make the journey on Sunday by direct bus from Santiago at 11am. Or by taking a bus to Lugo and changing there for another to Sarria. Probably a similar service in October. The bus company is Monbus: https://www.monbus.es/es

1690386161889.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can also use https://www.bus.gal/, the Xunta public transportation site. Schedules are only available to the end of August, but there is a direct bus, albeit it makes many stops, from Santiago to Sarria daily. I would check back maybe six weeks out just to confirm times, etc.

Hello I’d like to go from Santiago to Sarria by public transport on Saturday 7 October. Google maps only shows one option by Alsa bus to Lugo where you then take a train. The connecting times look very tight. Amy info welcome
There is the ONCE daily bus that leaves at 11am. Santiago ➡️Sarria.
I have found that most (bus/train)schedules altho not posted -say for example 6 months in advance— are very similar to their “current schedule”- Maybe try to “book/look” for the transportation you are interested in - using an “fake day in August.. but be sure to use the same actual day if the week.. Sat for Sat—not a Tuesday schedule for a Sat trip”-
Since there is just the Once daily bus from Santiago ➡️Sarria direct daily… if that bus doesn’t work in your trip.. you may need to stay overnight in Santiago then go to Sarria the next day…🤷🏻‍♀️🫶🏻

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Look at Rome2Rio App and Omni App for bus, trains and flights.

There is the ONCE daily bus that leaves at 11am. Santiago ➡️Sarria.
I have found that most (bus/train)schedules altho not posted -say for example 6 months in advance— are very similar to their “current schedule”- Maybe try to “book/look” for the transportation you are interested in - using an “fake day in August.. but be sure to use the same actual day if the week.. Sat for Sat—not a Tuesday schedule for a Sat trip”-
Since there is just the Once daily bus from Santiago ➡️Sarria direct daily… if that bus doesn’t work in your trip.. you may need to stay overnight in Santiago then go to Sarria the next day…🤷🏻‍♀️🫶🏻
Please don't perpetuate this myth. There are multiple possibilities for travel to Sarria from Santiago if only the aspiring pilgrim can be bothered to change bus in Lugo or train in Ourense.

The information already provided in this thread should have made that clear.

Please don't perpetuate this myth. There are multiple possibilities for travel to Sarria from Santiago if only the aspiring pilgrim can be bothered to change bus in Lugo or train in Ourense.

The information already provided in this thread should have made that clear.
@Tincatinker
I think the OP is trying to get from
Santiago ➡️Sarria…
Not in the opposite direction as you referenced.🥴

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back