• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question of weather on the Camino Levante

cindyjo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
Camino del Norte /Primitivo (2014)
Chemin la Puy (2016)
Camino Portuguese (2017)
My sister and I were prepared to walk the Levante the spring of 2020, but we all know what happened then to delay that trip. I’ve been reading the virtual Camino on the Levante and it’s been very helpful, but I’m wondering if someone has walked in mid October to November. I don’t do heat well so I’m wondering what the weather is like during those months. I understand it can be variable, but any insights would be welcome. Thanks.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My sister and I were prepared to walk the Levante the spring of 2020, but we all know what happened then to delay that trip. I’ve been reading the virtual Camino on the Levante and it’s been very helpful, but I’m wondering if someone has walked in mid October to November. I don’t do heat well so I’m wondering what the weather is like during those months. I understand it can be variable, but any insights would be welcome. Thanks.
Hi Cindyjo I did not start in Valencia due to the poor remarks about the road walking and started in Albacete. I think that this is a wonderful Camino in true Man of La Mancha spirit and that if you are considering walking it you should do some research on accommodation availability beforehand as towns are far and few between. Have a look at this website http://vieiragrino.com/en/the-way/ which can be translated into English.

Hi, thanks for the tips. I’m going to leave for Spain in mid-October and I’m hoping the weather will cooperate. I can walk in most weather unless it’s very hot. For my previous caminos I’ve always walked in the spring. Walking this late in the year will be new to me, but I’m determined to walk it this year and it wasn’t possible for me in spring. Thanks again, your suggestions are much appreciated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, @cindyjo, I walked the Levante in spring, so I can’t comment from experience, but looking at the weather in Spain generally, I think this would be a decent time temperature-wise. You might get more rain later in the fall, but nothing can be done about that. I know what you mean about not wanting to postpone again, but I did decide to postpone my Lana till I could walk in spring just to avoid the vast brown fields that would be green in springtime. I’m finally going to get there, just three years later than I had hoped! I absolutely loved the Levante — so many castles, so many interesting small towns, it’s a great route!

Hi, Thanks for responding to my question. (Some how I missed it earlier ) I’ve read through and taken notes of your virtual Camino on the Levante and really appreciate your efforts and the efforts of others to put it together. It’s been really helpful and I’m really excited about walking this Camino. It just seems that it will have a charm all of its own.

For pilgrims on the way in this moment, be very careful
from two days we experiment extreme rainy weather on the mediterranean coast. The forecast says the bad weather is moving to the center of Spain. We know some pilgrim are now is Castilla-La Mancha and may be involved. Today a couple of French senior pilgrims are stopping their way and come back.
please check forecasts on www.aemet.es

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For pilgrims on the way in this moment, be very careful
from two days we experiment extreme rainy weather on the mediterranean coast. The forecast says the bad weather is moving to the center of Spain. We know some pilgrim are now is Castilla-La Mancha and may be involved. Today a couple of French senior pilgrims are stopping their way and come back.
please check forecasts on www.aemet.es
@JLWV,
I just want to thank you for always remembering to check in here to give up to date information that we otherwise might not see.

Hats off to JLWV! Buen camino, Laurie

Stage 15 of both Levante and Sureste, exiting Tembleque.
On the map Levante is the left track, sureste the right one.
The Y deviation on the photo is at km 1,4 aprox of the Levante.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-07-16-45-26-792_com.vecturagames.android.app.gpxviewer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-07-16-45-26-792_com.vecturagames.android.app.gpxviewer.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20230907-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230907-WA0002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back