• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from the Camino Levante

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Levante. Feb 2024
Just in case you're thinking that snow only falls in Galicia, I've attached a couple photos from yesterday's 41km stage from Cebreros to Ávila. Besides the cool temps, there have been wind advisories nearly every day with winds in the 25-40 km range and gusting higher. The bright side yesterday is that precipitation fell as snow pellets, not rain.1000010535.jpg1000010532.jpg1000010538.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is the weather I packed for and didn't get in Feb 2019. It can get very cold in this area. Beautiful country especially in the snow.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I see on another thread that you are in Arévalo - one of my favorite places on the Levante with its beautiful plazas and churches. Would love to hear more about your adventure if you care to post!

I see on another thread that you are in Arévalo - one of my favorite places on the Levante with its beautiful plazas and churches. Would love to hear more about your adventure if you care to post!
Arévalo is impressive for the number of monuments in a town of 8000. There is so much history outside of the large cities. I chatted with a woman and her daughter in the old plaza last night, commenting on how empty it is. We were the only ones there. She agreed that the historic plaza is not being properly promoted and also agreed what a shame that the churches always seem to be locked.
Thank you for your kind words about posting more on the Levante. I've thought of it, but, as you know, the stages on the Levante are long and the days have a way of coming to an end too soon. The posts never seem to get written.

WoW! Great photos. More please. You must be feeling alive walking through the crisp air.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.