• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Levante questions

Burlington

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante'
Good day to you, and greetings to all....

I am new to this forum, and new to the Camino de Levante'.
I would like to ask you more experienced folks a few questions about this route, if I may...

1) Are the albergues on this path open through November? If not, does anyone know by what date they usually close?

2) I have heard that some of the early stages involve a good deal of road walking through industrial zones. If you start in Valencia, at what point would you emerge from an urban landscape into more rural surroundings?

3) I also read that some sections of this Camino have previously been difficult to follow... How well marked is this route these days?

I would be most grateful for your insight and advice....

Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Burlington, I can’t answer your questions, but I’m certainly interested in the answers. I’m walking the Levante starting in October and ending in Zamora in November. There is a thread on the forum of a virtual walk on the Levante that has helpful information. It was created by some skilled researchers and folks who have walked the Levante. I think you can use the search function on the forum to find it.

Hi Burlington, I walked the Levante but started in Albacete because of the numerous days of road walking from Valencia. Be prepared for long distances with no cafes and carry snacks. It's a great Camino just like the man of La Mancha. You'll enjoy it but plan your stages. I made up my own guide book supplemented by the Valencia Camino Association accommodation list. I stayed mostly in recommended accommodation and the hosts were fantastic. Met very friendly people on the way and was never truly alone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Burlington, I walked the Levante but started in Albacete because of the numerous days of road walking from Valencia. Be prepared for long distances with no cafes and carry snacks. It's a great Camino just like the man of La Mancha. You'll enjoy it but plan your stages. I made up my own guide book supplemented by the Valencia Camino Association accommodation list. I stayed mostly in recommended accommodation and the hosts were fantastic. Met very friendly people on the way and was never truly alone.
Hiya...
Thank you kindly for your message...
You mention that some of the stages are quite long... Indeed.... There seem to be a number of them listed as 35 - 40 k.... I find that distances like that can be rather formidable when you first start out, but become more doable after you have been walking for a few weeks... As such, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to carry a small tent to enable you to stop mid-stage if need be.... I would appreciate your thoughts..... Cheers..B

Hi Burlington. The best source of info is the Valencia Association. They have a guide online and keep it up to date. Their website is here if you haven’t seen it. If you can, try to visit the Amigos when you’re in Valencia. One forum member @JLWV is an active member and frequently posts here with updates.

The first four days are virtually all asphalt but very little of that is industrial. It’s mainly agricultural—rice and fruit orchards. It was hard on my feet. I walked the first day to Silla and then trained back to Valencia for the night. Then Silla to Algemesí the next day because a 38 Km first day was too much for me.

I think the number of albergues has increased quite a bit. I really loved the Levante! Lots of interesting and historical small towns, lots and lots of castles in wide open spaces.

There is a thread on the forum of a virtual walk on the Levante that has helpful information.
That thread is here. It was done during COVID confinement and we had a lot of fun doing it.

Would love to hear how it goes for you, @cindyjo and @Burlington. Buen camino to you both.

Hi Burlington. The best source of info is the Valencia Association. They have a guide online and keep it up to date. Their website is here if you haven’t seen it. If you can, try to visit the Amigos when you’re in Valencia. One forum member @JLWV is an active member and frequently posts here with updates.

The first four days are virtually all asphalt but very little of that is industrial. It’s mainly agricultural—rice and fruit orchards. It was hard on my feet. I walked the first day to Silla and then trained back to Valencia for the night. Then Silla to Algemesí the next day because a 38 Km first day was too much for me.

I think the number of albergues has increased quite a bit. I really loved the Levante! Lots of interesting and historical small towns, lots and lots of castles in wide open spaces.

That thread is here. It was done during COVID confinement and we had a lot of fun doing it.

Would love to hear how it goes for you, @cindyjo and @Burlington. Buen camino to you both.

I am thinking of doing just the beginning this November -- Valencia to Xativa or Moixent. I don't mind road walking if the villages along the way and the scenery is worthwhile. Would you say that it is?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very interested in feedback as you hike, and recommendations, or points of interest, two of us hiking early 2024,

We are walking the Levante in stages - and started our first stage on December 26th some years ago. We did have to plan a bit more and pay for hotels where the albergues were closed, but never needed to walk over 30 km a day.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back