• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spring weather on Camino de Levante

Burlington

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante'
Greetings to all....

I would like to ask what the weather on the Camino de Levante' is likely to be in Spring....
Is April a pleasant time for this route? Do you think there would be too much rain at that time of year?
Most grateful for your advice and suggestions...

Cheers

B

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I started from Valencia in early May and it was perfect weather, but that was about a decade ago. The weather is surely more crazy now than it was then, but I think @alexwalker is right that you should expect good weather.

The drought that has got most of eastern and Southern Spain in. its grips may also have an impact on the wild flowers, the crops, and just vegetation generally. This year on the Lana from Alicante, there were way fewer flowers and many fields with total crop failures.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Check out weatherspark.com . If you go by the average year, April is the month which has the most rain and the chance of a rainy day is about 15%. But like everywhere else, normal patterns are changing and the weather has been anything from drenched to dry in the past 5 years. But if it is wet, it can be miserable.

I started from Valencia in early May and it was perfect weather, but that was about a decade ago. The weather is surely more crazy now than it was then, but I think @alexwalker is right that you should expect good weather.

The drought that has got most of eastern and Southern Spain in. its grips may also have an impact on the wild flowers, the crops, and just vegetation generally. This year on the Lana from Alicante, there were way fewer flowers and many fields with total crop failures.
What time did you walk. We are thinking of doing 10 days from Alicante starting mid-March. It seems to be a good time for walking weather although nights are cold.?

What time did you walk. We are thinking of doing 10 days from Alicante starting mid-March. It seems to be a good time for walking weather although nights are cold.?
I started walking the Lana on May 11 and the weather was great. We did not start in Alicante, but took the train to Villajoyosa and took a “mountain alternative” that was very nice. I have a blog that describes it.

I have always started my southern caminos between late April and early May and have never had too much heat or too much rain. As I’ve mentioned on other threads, the drought, which seems to be continuing in southern and eastern Spain, had a big impact on the wildflower display. We saw very few until Cuenca, and passed through many areas with total crop failures, which was sad.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Greetings to all....

I would like to ask what the weather on the Camino de Levante' is likely to be in Spring....
Is April a pleasant time for this route? Do you think there would be too much rain at that time of year?

Cheers

B
I am hoping it will be good!! Fingers crossed. I will be walking from Valencia beginning April 12th! From what I can tell, it seems like it should be pleasant. Always a risk of rain though.

Check out weatherspark.com . If you go by the average year, April is the month which has the most rain and the chance of a rainy day is about 15%. But like everywhere else, normal patterns are changing and the weather has been anything from drenched to dry in the past 5 years. But if it is wet, it can be miserable.
Five years later than you, but I'm also planning to walk the Levante/Invierno in February/March. I'll depart from Valencia on the 10th of February. I anticipate a solitary walk. Any elaboration on "if it is wet, it can be miserable"? Any other tips/comments? I'm accustomed to the caminos menos transitados.

Greetings to all....

Cheers

B
Hi Burlington, I too am planning to start the Camino de Levante in April, the 12th to be precise. The potential for rain is certainly there and I expect that there will be some. Fingers crossed, however, for mostly pleasant days. Maybe I will see you along the way!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am hoping it will be good!! Fingers crossed. I will be walking from Valencia beginning April 12th! From what I can tell, it seems like it should be pleasant. Always a risk of rain though.
JLH83: Hi there, and thanks for the note.... I was also thinking of starting earlier in April, but the ticket prices then were already substantially higher than ones a bit later on.... If you are starting 2 weeks ahead of me, I probably won't catch up, but will keep an eye out all the same.... Happy trails....

B

Greetings to all....

Cheers

B
The weather should be nice in Spring, temperature wise (not too hot and not too cold) with periodic rainfalls.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Currently walking the Levante. Leaving Toboso today. Temps predicted at mid 30s to high 40s F (2-10C) with strong winds out of the west gusting to 30mph. And possible rain. One of those days.

Currently walking the Levante. Leaving Toboso today. Temps predicted at mid 30s to high 40s F (2-10C) with strong winds out of the west gusting to 30mph. And possible rain. One of those days.
Quite cool temperatures! I'll head out on the Camino de Levante starting April 18th from Valencia. Hopefully the temperature will be a bit warmer by then. Thanks for sharing!

Greetings to all....

Cheers

B
I'm planning to start the Camino de Levante on April 20th , 2024 from Valencia. I anticipate it might get warm and possibly rainy at times along the way. My initial destination is Zamora, about 800 kilometers, but depending on how I feel, I might push farther after Zamora . Wish me luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Greetings to all....

Cheers

B
Hi Burlington
I recently went back to walk as far on the Vdlp as I could (this time started in Mérida on around March12 .. strength is limited at the moment with knee problems among others …. I was remembering the flat bits from 2019. (But there are still inclines of a sort ).. With all the recent rain there are a lot of areas where one has to negotiate mud and slipping etc. & also crossing higher water ..
Moving along - I received an invitation from friends (living way off camino - to east of Plasencia and almost into Ávila province) to spend a few nights with them this weekend 22/3-24/3 so after buses and trains and cars to get here ., I am heading back to Madrid tomorrow for one night.
New plan looking at current weather - is to head to Valencia. (From my weather app it appears to be the warmest and driest direction for me right now 🙏🙏🙏).
I’ve walked the Levante before from Toledo to Zamora but I’ve not yet seen Valencia. So it fits in now to walk the beginning until it’s time to return to Oz. I’ll see how I’m going. My knees will decree how far I can walk.

I was thinking of doing the camino Madrid again from Segovia but it looks pretty cold in that direction and wet ??

You posted a detailed account of Camino de Levante from your pilgrimage a decade ago, including a link to Wikiloc CdL routes, but I can't find it anywhere now. Can to provide a link for me, please? I'm starting from Valencia on May 2nd.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back