• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

reading lamp

frmikeminn

I'm looking for a small reading lamp for some quiet reading time at night. A recent magazine is suggesting a headlamp called a black diamond Cosmo. 30 dollars. says it has a 1/2 watt led for spot uses and two smaller leds for proximity uses like reading. any thoughts? thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have a small LED headlight called LightRay that cost about $20. It has a double function beam - solid light or flashing light. I used it when we had a before dawn start and also to find my things in the dark. Just make sure the one you buy has a narrow beam so that it doesn't intrude on people in the next bunk.

frmikeminn said:
I'm looking for a small reading lamp

I used a Petzl Tikka Plus headlamp. It has a couple of brightness settings (and one for flashing on and off). It tilts so you can find the right angle, and runs on AAA batteries. Great for hands-free reading, along with walking in darkness - whether on the trail or in the albergue during a late-night bathroom break... :arrow:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You will be too tired to read after dark! One with a red bulb setting is excellent for not waking up the dorm buddies.

Most read last week in this forum