• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Real Time Help. Silly question: buying Castile soap in Burgos?

Brian Sullivan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
This is really silly, but I left my Dr Bronners soap in Grañon. It's my bathing and laundry soap. What can I replace it with? Is there anything similar sold in Spain? I'm in Burgos currently.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lagarto bar soap works well for both, .70 cents euro for a bar, sold everywhere.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
This is really silly, but I left my Dr Bronners soap in Grañon. It's my bathing and laundry soap. What can I replace it with? Is there anything similar sold in Spain? I'm in Burgos currently.

I´m sorry but >I don´t know that brand of soap. But as the other poster I also use Lagarto Soap. It´s cheap and I use it for both washing myself and washing my clothes.
I don´t know if it´s what your looking for but it´s what I carry.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks! But do they make a liquid soap? I often use the washing machine and I'm not sure how a bar of soap will work. Thanks again.
Btw, Dr Bronners is good stuff. All natural and biodegradable. Check it out.

I´m sorry to say it´s only sold in bars not liquid.

Buen Camino!

Hi Brian. There is a sports supply shop called BASE at the corner of Calle de Madrid and Calle de San Pablo in Burgos (there are several other BASE stores in the city if this one is not close to you. You should be able to google). Perhaps they may sell something you could use such as a liquid camp soap.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You´ll find liquid soap for washing & shower at any decent sports shop in Burgos.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum