• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

recomandation how to continue from logurno

Adi Sheinmel

Time of past OR future Camino
planning do the camino in september-october 2015
Hi!
Me & my freind have only 8 days left now for walking in the camino. We wonder whether to continue walking from logurno to burgus and maybe a bit more, or to get to leon by bus and walk from there to saraya.
Any recomandations please? Another important detail - my friend is a bit hurt with her knee (pains...) and we will be after a few days of rest.
Thanks, Adi

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Huh, Adi,

first of all I guess you are talking about Logroño, Burgos & Sarria (Leon is spelled correctly though), but I don't quite understand your question. I mean if you have 8 days and you're in Logroño or whichever other stretch you're interested in just divide the distance with your daily average. For example if there's 100 kms from Sarria to Santiago count on 3-5 days. Very simple, because there's more than enough accommodation possibilities on Camino Frances and you shouldn't be worried.

Ultreia!

Hi Adi. It sounds like you want to avoid the Meseta by going directly to Leon. However, walking from Burgos towards Leon might be a good idea, as it's quite flat and be better for your friend's knee. If you don't get as far as Leon, Sahagun has good transport connections to Madrid etc.

Walking from Leon to Sarria is probably a more attractive section for most (but not all) people, but it has some big hills that might be difficult with an injured knee.

If you plan to come back later and finish your Camino in Santiago, you could start from Leon rather than Sarria to experience more than just that very busy section at the end.

Good luck whatever you choose! Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi
Thanks for the spelling... In my question i meant what part is more recomanded to do in terms of the days and conditions (logrono-burgos or leon-sarraia)?
Thanks!
Adi

Thanks

Hi Adi, wherever you decite to begin you will make te wright decision .
You two will have a great time, wish you both a Buen Camino, Peter.

I jumped a train (2-3hrs) from Burgos to Bilbao to check out the Guggenheim, and Bilbao of course. It was one of my better ideas.
Regds
Gerard

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I jumped a train (2-3hrs) from Burgos to Bilbao to check out the Guggenheim, and Bilbao of course. It was one of my better ideas.
Regds
Gerard

Thank you all for the advices and the support!

Most read last week in this forum