• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for Armenteira

senora1

I was hoping of staying at the monastery but am not comfortable without knowing if I have a bed til I arrive. Then I wanted to book Posada Armenteira, a friend stayed last year and it looks lovely, however it’s not available. I saw Vila Flor but don’t really like the reviews. Villa Laredo looks beautiful but it’s 2 km from the monastery, I wanted to attend the evening mass, but not sure about returning in the dark, or should I keep going that afternoon and stay at Os Castanos?? Any suggestions would be appreciated

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I went through this very problem not long ago. I'm walking the Variante in June this year. I ended up booking at Carballo de Prado 1900. It's got really great reviews, includes breakfast, and the hotel messaged me saying that they will pick you up from the Monastery for free. When the time of my pilgrimage gets closer I'll message them to ask if they will drop pilgrims off at the evening mass and pick us up afterwards.

I went through this very problem not long ago. I'm walking the Variante in June this year. I ended up booking at Carballo de Prado 1900. It's got really great reviews, includes breakfast, and the hotel messaged me saying that they will pick you up from the Monastery for free. When the time of my pilgrimage gets closer I'll message them to ask if they will drop pilgrims off at the evening mass and pick us up afterwards.
How close is it to the Camino? It looks really nice

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@senora1 I got curious and it's morning in Spain, so I messaged Carballo de Prado. They wrote:
Buenos días
Puede usted llegar al Monasterio de Armenteira , a partir de las 4 pm nos llama y bajamos a recogerla, y a las 6:45 pm la volvemos a bajar a vísperas.
Un saludo y buen camino

Which google translate tells me means:

Good morning
You can arrive at the Monastery of Armenteira, from 4 pm you call us and we will go down to pick you up, and at 6:45 pm we will take you back down to Vespers.
Greetings and buen camino

So kind and prompt. I'm looking forward to staying there.

@senora1 I got curious and it's morning in Spain, so I messaged Carballo de Prado. They wrote:

Which google translate tells me means:

So kind and prompt. I'm looking forward to staying there.
Rainswift thanks for sharing. I just booked my first CP reservation! It looks like a wonderful place to stay and I never would have discovered it without your help! Gracias

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back