• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Recommendations for “not to be missed” & “ok to skip”

Thank you for the recommendation, it sounds like a "not to be missed"! I'm putting it on my list

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
you can skip walk out of Santander and Bilbao
Agree with the first
Walk out along the river when leaving Bilbao is relaxing and there is a very good hotel in Portugalate called
The Hanging Bridge Boutique Hotel

We took a train in Bilbao from downtown to Portugalete - it is recommended to take the subway to the Areeta station so you cross over the river by Portugalete. The 'bridge' is unique and a great start to a day's walk. Also, do not miss the escalators in Portugalete - to take you up the hill to the top, my friend walked up a parallel road and missed this unique feature!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Recommended by whom?
I enjoyed the walk from Bilbao to Portugalete - probably because I had good company to walk with that day.
The Areeta Station is recommended, if you take the train, so you can take the bridge across to Portugalete.

Recommended by whom?
I enjoyed the walk from Bilbao to Portugalete - probably because I had good company to walk with that day.
Hey, is the route clear from Bilbao centre? I think I’ll walk the river route tomorrow. Also how long do you expect it’ll take?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey, is the route clear from Bilbao centre? I think I’ll walk the river route tomorrow. Also how long do you expect it’ll take?
I walked from Lezama to Portugalete.
I just checked my timeline for that day on Google Maps. I stopped at the Decathlon in Bilbao around 10:00, then I went somewhere for breakfast in the old town before leaving the city. I reached my pensión in Portugalete just after 2 pm, and that included a stop for lunch.

Most read last week in this forum