• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Registration for Via de la Plata?

lindam

Time of past OR future Camino
Fr, VDLP, Invierno, Port, Madrid, Ingles, Aragones
With just over a week to go before we begin our Camino along the Via de la Plata, I have one question. We will be starting in Seville (on 23 September) and are wondering if it is necessary to register with our credenciales at a pilgrims' office? Back in 2013, before setting out for our first Camino (the Camino Frances) , I recall having to register at an office in SJPD. I have yet to read anything about this requirement when starting in Seville. Our first night will be spent in Seville at Triana Backpackers where we intend to purchase credeniales and have them stamped.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
No, there is nothing like a registration on any of the Caminos. What you remember is filling out a statistics form in SJPdP, but that is entirely voluntary. The Camino is free to walk for everybody without the need to register for anything. (You do need a pilgrims passport to stay in albergues and to get a Compostela, but if you wouldn't stay in albergues and didn't want a Compostela, you not even need a pilgrims passport.)
The stamp of Triana will serve perfectly well as a proof of your starting point.
Buen Camino, SY

Many thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum