• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Religious Medals/Pendants

Time of past OR future Camino
CDN, Primitivo, Sanabrés, Portugués, Ruta do Mar,
Hopefully there are some of you that have already done the Camino who can guide me. Do you know where I could find a medal of St. James (Santiago the Apostle). This is the medal that I would like to buy, it would have the shell on one side and the image of St. James on the other side, or the shell would slide and St. James image would be inside. I saw this old medal on ebay, but thought that I would want to have for my very own. Any information you can give me I will be very grateful. Thanks so much!
Mary

3210882330294040_1.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you buy it from eBay it would be your very own ;)

I don't know about the shell for certain, but you can buy silver religious medals from Autom.com, for a few dollars and if you google "religious supplies,,", Roman Catholic merchandise or even just religious medals, you will find exactly what you need. Shop around as prices vary-but the Sisters of my Order use items like this all the time and they are readily available.Try also Dayspring.com. There's another supply house very inexpensive, that I can't recall the name of, but if you PM me, I can have it for you tomorrow. You may have to settle for two seperate medals,one St James and one shell, but keep shopping. Its out there.
Blessings
Sr Simon Clare, OSA

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Almay. Com will have everything you need, expensive;Autom.com has huge selection of medals,affordable. Hope you find exactly the piece you want. Try the other searches from my last post,too.
Sr Simon Clare, OSA

You can buy medals in Santiago, either cheap ones from the many stalls or more expensive from a silversmiths. I have a cheap one now in my hat and a pair of silver earings with pendant.
Some medals have the cross of St James, others are plain.

Santiago is full of choice and having the medal on our hats is good. Our old shells will stay at home this year.

Good morning everyone,

My gratitude to you for having taken the time to give me this invaluable information. My day today, more than likely will be spent searching.
Sister Simon, many thanks for all the leads! There are so many sites and it´s become a daunting search not knowing which of them might have what I want. Also, the wording of my search has to change from Santiago to St. James the Apostle, to St. James the Greater, and it has been time consuming. I´m looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. :)
TĂ­a Valeria, you are right! It had not occurred to me to wait until I finish the Camino and look in Santiago; no doubt the array of medals/pendants there, is as good as it gets!
FFP13, Agreed! It would be mine when I purchase it. Not knowing its history -the previous owner, when their Camino took place, where they were, etc. would be inconclusive for me. Having several options and selecting the one I want is part of the experience I want to have.

I have one more question: Are there places in Irún or San Sebastián that you recommend where I could purchase a medal/pendant of Santiago?

Thank you,

Mary :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back