• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renfe Launches 'Tarxeta del Peregrino" and 20% discounts

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://www.europapress.es/economia/noti ... 53547.html

Renfe joined the Xacobeo with a series of initiatives to facilitate the travel of pilgrims, among which the new 'Pilgrim's Tarxeta' offers a discount of 20% over the base cost of a train ticket, both long and medium distance for those who have completed at least one stage of the Camino de Santiago.
This document is distributed in the focus of Renfe in the Office of the Pilgrim of Santiago where, have placed a counter, is not transferable and is limited to one week.
In that office will sell tickets and provide information to the pilgrims who come to this office, an obligatory step to seal the "Compostela".
Those pilgrims who make the road by bike, thanks to an agreement reached between Halcourier Renfe and may send their bikes through the services of this company for 45 euros, plus a surcharge of five dollars in the event that the bike has two saddlebags . Can access this service, passengers with tickets at any service - home long distance with stations in Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Ourense, Vigo, Pontevedra, Lugo and Ferrol.
In addition, travelers can enjoy in the Trenhotel, in the train restaurant 'Menu Xacobeo', a series of Galician cuisine that throughout the year will be offered in the letter of these services Renfe night, both circulating in the various national relations and in Spain with France, Italy and Switzerland.
The menu will be offered in the Trenhotel restaurant, serving breakfast and dinner, for the Grand Class passengers, are included in the ticket price.

OTHER ACTIVITIES.

In cooperation with the Council of Vigo, until 20 June, the activity called Camiño keep walking. This is for road stages of the Portuguese from Tui to Santiago. Renfe is the carrier responsible for transportation of pilgrims in regular trains at various stages.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back