• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reversing The Camino To SJPP

Sr.Bigote

Fifth Camino planned for 2023!
Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF, 2017 CNorte, Prima, 2023 Portuguese
Keep an eye out for "me" if you are heading: (a) between Zubiri and Pamplona next Thursday or Roncevalles and Zubiri on Friday. I am heading toward SJPP. "Reverse Pilgrims" are rare, so see one and it is likely me, "Sr. Bigote". I appreciate your detour and washout updates -- so do stop and chat!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked from Pamplona to Zubiri today. Interesting looks on people's faces. Heard these comments multiple times: (1) Sir, do you know you are lost and going the wrong way?, (2) Did you lose or forget something?, (3) Look of surprise, followed by - Am I lost (from Peregrino)?, and (4) It just isn't possible that you have walked all of the way back (which I haven't). I am looking forward to SJPP and jumping to the Nort -- at least to get an end to these questions!!!

I met a young lady last year in between Roncesvalles and Zubiri; she was from Italy, had walked from her front door to Santiago, and was making her way back when I met her. It made me feel a little bit like a whine about complaining of tired legs after one day of walking : )

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum