• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rite planning from Estella

gale056

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (Matosinhos to Santiago) 2018
Camino Frances plan for 2019
I am currently in a Estella and planning to meet a friend in Ponferrada. I would like to arrive in Ponferrda by the 16th, do you have any suggestions on route/towns to stay in on the way in order for that to happen. After leaving Ponferrada any other ideas on how to do that portion to Santiago in 10 days. Thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Well you have 16 days, and approximately 19 stages, it is a total of 463 km, so you will have to push more than usual and hope you do not get any injuries or delays, it can be done. I would suggest you keep moving forward: once in Leon (usually 15 days) or in Astorga (usually 17 days), you can take a train, if needed, to make it to Ponferrada on the 16th. After that, you would have 217 km to Santiago, perfectly doable in 10 days.

I would recommend this page if you want to calculate stages in advance, but since you would have to rush it, i would improvise as I go, depending ono how strong you feel, you can walk longer or shorter days as you see fit.

You can also check out Gronze.com that will give you a list of albergues. It will also show you maps and variant grades and distances between towns and difficulty of terrain. You can also download the Buen Camino app for free and get more information and more albergues to sleep in.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum