• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

rucksack labels/passport

susiem

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2023
Hi
I have arranged for rucksack to be transported form SJPdP to Orisson, then from there to Roncesvalles. Are special labels required for this?
Also, do albergues require passport at check-in?
Many thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think you should have received some labels when you booked your bag transfer, or an email. I've used CaminoFacil and download and print them. According to the Correos website they send an email with them. Public albergues will require a credential. Any lodging will require your passport.

Hi
I have arranged for rucksack to be transported form SJPdP to Orisson, then from there to Roncesvalles. Are special labels required for this?
Many thanks.
Yes, you will need your passport. Check with the shipping company about your bag identification.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I would ask Express Bourricot about a label. I use them every year and have never been given one. They seem to know what they're doing. At the least, I'd put your name and phone number or email address on your bag.

As far as passport, if you're talking about your international passport, yes you will need it and no, a copy won't do.

If you're talking about a Credential, most albergues will not allow you to sleep there without one. You can get it in SJPP at the Pilgrim Office if you don't have one.

I would ask Express Bourricot about a label. I use them every year and have never been given one. They seem to know what they're doing. At the least, I'd put your name and phone number or email address on your bag.

As far as passport, if you're talking about your international passport, yes you will need it and no, a copy won't do.

If you're talking about a Credential, most albergues will not allow you to sleep there without one. You can get it in SJPP at the Pilgrim Office if you don't have one.
Thank you, that's good to know, and I will put name and contact details on rucksack.

Hi
Many thanks.
I had a robust holiday suitcase tag firmly attached to the carry handle on my rucksack. It survived 6 weeks including at least 20 days of transport. Services I used were those where the albergue had tie-on labels/envelopes available.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi
Many thanks.
I lost my US passport in Madrid before I started the Frances. I made it the whole way just using a photo copy on my phone at all the alberques!

I lost my US passport in Madrid before I started the Frances. I made it the whole way just using a photo copy on my phone at all the alberques!
Thanks all,
I'm just trying to organise what goes where and what needs to go in cross body bag for ease of access. I will attach secure tag but also carry some labels with me.

Thanks all,
I'm just trying to organise what goes where and what needs to go in cross body bag for ease of access. I will attach secure tag but also carry some labels with me.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 6
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Examples of labels/envelopes from May 2022 provided in Albergues for daily bag transport to your next stop. You use a fresh envelope every day. You phone the transport company the day before (after albergue check-in) to book transport for the next day. Note: telephone numbers change as different teams transport in different sections so use the envelope provided by the albergue. €5 note in the envelope (may be more this year).

Examples of labels/envelopes from May 2022 provided in Albergues for daily bag transport to your next stop. You use a fresh envelope every day. You phone the transport company the day before (after albergue check-in) to book transport for the next day. Note: telephone numbers change as different teams transport in different sections so use the envelope provided by the albergue. €5 note in the envelope (may be more this year).

Thank you. I know what to do now! My intention is to carry my rucksack and (hopefully) only need it transported from SJPdP/Orisson/Roncesvalles. I know credential must be shown at accommodation but was unsure whether official passport was also required. Thanks for all replies.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.