• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Running from St Jean Pied de Port to Fisterra

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow - running! Brio! Carry a bicycle bell with you to warn the pedestrians before you blur past them!! :lol: :wink:

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
J:

Running the Camino. "WOW".

I hope you have a lot of experience with running uphill. Though the more dangerous parts will be the downhills. You will also be going places the bikers do not.

The bell is a nice idea.

Ultreya,
Joe

Thinking about it - as you will be running. It is not uncommon to come across dropped or left items on the Camino. You might find yourself the 'lost property angel', picking up hats and water bottles and poles leaning against the odd tree and dropping them off as you pass :lol:

Thank you for your support and, after a 3-0 voting, I think I will get myself a bell :lol:

What could be much more fun is one of those bicycle hooters with the rubber bulb at the end! :lol: :wink:

Have a blast! I ran my first Camino, then the last two times I alternated running and walking. That worked best for me; I think it prevented various minor injuries and aches because I was switching up the muscle groups used and my footwear. Plus I always felt great running. When I only ran, my quads were pretty trashed by the end (but the section I ran entirely was a VERY hilly/mountainous section, and I was covering about 20 miles/day, so that could have been it, too).

Melanie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very impressive. As someone who has run a 1/2 marathon I can't imagine doing that every other day for a month. Some of my running buds do regularly run long distances but most of us are 1-3 mi for regular routine.

But as I think about it, your plan sounds like a great way to cover the distance and still have plenty of time to absorb the culture. Hope it works out for you.

Musgo said:
Back in Saint Jean Pied de Port :D

If anyone is interested -> jrunspain2.wordpress.com

Very, thanks for the link.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Musgo!

I'm not quite sure how I'm getting my forum notes delivered via e-mail, but when I clicked on your most recent post I see that I missed a note from you that you sent back in 2011! I'm so sorry I never responded, and it would be silly to offer you advice now, since you already completed the Camino Frances and are going to do it again. (Yay!) I'm glad you had a great experience. I will try to remember to follow your blog this time.

I'll soon be taking up another adventure. My state, Wisconsin, is home to the 1,200-mile Ice Age National Scenic Trail. There are only 11 National Scenic Trails in the U.S., one of which is the Appalachian Trail, which you may have heard about. The Ice Age Trail traces the edge of the last glaciation in Wisconsin. Anyway, I'll be running/walking that this September, then writing some stories about it and possibly an e-guidebook. I'll also be trying to get the women's thru-hike record, so I'm hoping to be able to do 30-35 miles/day. Pretty ambitious, I know. We'll see! My friend, Jason, has the overall thru-hike record, running 47 miles/day and doing the whole thing in 22 days.

Good luck on your trip this month!
Melanie

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back