• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Running Shoes on Le Puy to SJPDP

Healthful

Time of past OR future Camino
Siempre
I prefer to walk the Camino Frances in running shoes, rather than boots, even a day I walked through snow and another few days of walking in puddles, wet grass, and some mud. I've used them in spring, summer, and fall.

Is there anything significantly different on the Le Puy route that would make running shoes a bad choice?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've walked from Le Puy to Moissac in running shoes without problems. But I was fortunate with the weather.

When I arrived in Conques, the good people at the Abbey hostel were horrified at my footwear and thought them highly unsuitable!

I have always used trail runners and always will. Used them from Le Puy no problems and no blisters. Brooks Cascadia in case you were wondering. Always one size larger.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum