• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sahagún to Santiago and on to Finistere and back to Santiago.

HelenPenfold2018

Time of past OR future Camino
Villa Frqnca to Santiago (2009)
Plan to start Camino Frances (2018)
Hi,

My friend and I are restarting the Camino from Sahagún on 13th September, having walked the first half in May this year. We really want to get to Santiago and then on to Finistere and back to Santiago.
We will have 20 days of walking before we need to fly back to London from Santiago.
Any advice please on how much of the route we would need to bus in order to achieve this. We are happy to walk 15-16 ml per day. Wondering about a bus from Mansilla. Do they run all day? We would want to catch it in the afternoon noon, I think
Thanks

Helen

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Sahagun is the halfway point from Roncesvalles to Santiago so you have about 250 miles to go. At your daily distance you have about 17 days of walking. Santiago to Finisterre is 3 days more. Maybe you should start from Leon or Astorga (both easy to get to) to save a few days.

Ditto!

Buen camino to you both.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I concur with above posts but would add something re returning from Fisterra to Santiago if you want to walk it that is. Go to Muxia from Fisterra (31km, intermediate albergue in Lires) and return to SdC. You'll walk one and a half day on unknown Camino for you and just a little before Hospital you will be on already known path.

Anyway have Buen Camino!

Hi Helen. My son and I walked from Sahagun to Santiago two years ago in 21 days, and we were doing less than 15-16 miles per day. I honestly don't think you'll need to take a bus through any portion at that rate, unless you want to build in time to spend a few days resting at different points. We did take the bus in to and out of Leon just to avoid the busyness of the roads there. Hope that helps, buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum