Salvadorana, Saturday/sunday

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.

KariannNor

Apr 16, 2023
Norway
Frances 23, Primitivo 24, San Salvador 24
Reactions: Puck1
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

KariannNor

Apr 16, 2023
Norway
Currently the cathedral is issuing the Salvadoriana (incl entrance to the cathedral and the Camera Santa) for free. Go during opening hours.
But someone told me there is a special chatolic festival Sunday and monday, and closed for everyone else?

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.
Reactions: dbier
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Mar 18, 2012
European Union
To Santiago + back
2400 km + 950 nmi
160 days
But someone told me there is a special chatolic festival Sunday and monday, and closed for everyone else?
Just curious: Was it a local someone who told you that?

Whitsun is a two-day public holiday in some European countries (this year it's on 19 and 20 May) but not in Spain at the national level and not in Oviedo/Asturias at the regional level as far as I can see. It is a Christian feast, not just a Catholic one.

In any case, here is the timetable with the times where the Cathedral of Oviedo is open for general visits in May 2024. It is closed on Whitsun Sunday but open on Whitsun Monday during their usual times. It is on their website.

Access Cathedral Oviedo.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
If the cathedral hours don't work for you, just get it off the nuns, even if youre not staying there. There might a bit of an admission queue, they'll have it at the check in desk..
I'm a bit confused (certainly not unusual for me). Which nuns? Staying where? I know you can get the San Salvador credencial from the Benedictine albergue in Leon at the start of the San Salvador, but didn't know that there was a convent albergue in Oviedo at the end that gave out the Salvadorana.

Flog

Pilgrim
Aug 20, 2017
Ireland
Oops sorry, you are right. I think I've misinterpreted the question..

Yes, I was referring to the little Salvador credencial, which I got from the convent albergue in León, not the Salvadorana aself, which I never bothered collecting when I arrived in Oviedo.

Last edited:
Reactions: SabsP
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
I hope that the next post I read on this thread is from @KariannNor saying that she has her Salvadorana. 😊
Sorry the next post is from me as I never had heard of a Salvadorana before. Interesting. I will google it just to see what it looks like. I have my compostelas, the one from Muxia and Finesterre and one year I went to that museum with some other pilgrims (is it in Sahagun) and got that half way paper. I didn't know that existed until I was in the museum. I like learning this stuff about the camino. There is so much.
Just checked on Google and it looks pretty cool! I would get one for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: KariannNor

Pafayac

On the way...
Aug 2, 2022
Paris
August-September 2024 : Norte
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal

KariannNor

Apr 16, 2023
Norway
Got it. Went to the M albergue and got it there because no service in the Cathedral when I was there 18 something. Thanks for all your support!

Attachments

• 20240518_182746.jpg
    20240518_182746.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240518_184852.jpg
    20240518_184852.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Pafayac

On the way...
Aug 2, 2022
Paris
August-September 2024 : Norte
En efecto, acabo de descubrir que la Salvadorana de la Catedral de Oviedo (gratuita) y la del albergue de peregrinos de Oviedo (de pago) en realidad son dos diplomas diferentes. Gracias Kariann y Pafayac
Me falta la del albergue, tengo que volver a Oviedo ! ;-)
2 Salvadoranas

Reactions: KariannNor

Most read last week in this forum

I stayed in Leon last night, in the benedictinas albergue. Relatively few pilgrims, which was a bit surprising but I didn’t mind. I had hoped to get a full nights rest but eh, I think I caught a...
Hi all! I’m planning on starting my Camino journey next week in León; completing the San Salvador to Oviedo and then joining onto the Camino Primitivo. My overriding concern is that I will...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides