• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

san sebastian to sjpp

Kate&Mike

Hello all

Have just joined the forum. Very excited. We want to arrive in sjpp on Sunday 16th Sept to begin our walk. Does anyone know the best way to get there from San Sebastian?

Thanks

Kate

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Kate,

I suggest taking the bus from San Sebastian to Hendaye. You get off the bus at the Hendaye train station and buy a ticket all the way to SJPP, I think for something like 12 euros. You'll get off the train in Bayonne for a change of train.

Good luck!

Mark

Thanks Mark. Do you have any idea how long it would take via bus from san sebastian to SJPP? Or where to find a timetable (in english). I have heard that there are very few connections on a Sunday - which is when we are travelling?
Is there a train from Hendaye to Bayonne? Lots of questions I'm sorry -but am having trouble finding timetable info on the internet.

Thank you

Kate

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ooh, where is Grant when you need him? Grant, are you out there? Let's help Kate find out the train timetables to Bayonne.

Sorry Kate, when I went to SJPP last year it was a Friday. Yes, traveling on a Sunday can be challenging. What I know is there is a train that starts from Hendaye (it's on the border) that goes to Paris and the rest of France. This train stops at Bayonne where you can change trains to SJPP, but you can buy your ticket at Hendaye (last year it was 13.5 euros all the way). The train to SJPP leaves Bayonne around 1230-1 pm if I remember correctly.

Hendaye to SJPP around 3.5 hrs including the waiting in Bayonne. I suggest planning to arrive in Hendaye at around 9 AM.

Try a search for SNCF timetables. I hope this helps.

Mark

The bus from San Sebastian to Hendaye is about an hour or less. Once in Hendaye, you can get the train to Bayonne, & transfer at Bayonne to the train going to SJP

Kelly

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you everyone - will just get to Hendaye early on the Sunday morning - there has to be a train at some stage!!

See you on the road

Kate

Hi Kate! Yes there is a train at Hendaye. It's better to pick it up in France as opposed to San Sebastian, so you won't have to wait at the French/Spanish border for a French train to come along & pick you up. The buses are fine in Spain, so don't worry!

Kelly

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum