• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Fatima by bus, then walking back from Padron

Jackie Wilkinson

Time of past OR future Camino
Have booked to go 15 April 2014 - but terrified.
I arrived a little early in Santiago due to shin splints. At my albergue, the Portuguese hospitalieros suggested a trip to Fatima.
Well, am at present on the way back and can report that this was one of the most moving and powerful religious pilgrimages I have ever seen. More than 5000 people took part in the Rosary and the candlelit procession on Saturday night!
At present I am in the bus back, and hope to climb off at Padron to do a little bit of the Camino Portuguese before my flight home Wednesday.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
So sorry to read you suffered with shin splints. Strangely, it served as an opportunity to visit Fatima and Portugal which were probably not even thoughts in your original plans. I hope you recover quickly and well and enjoy the bit of the camino Portuguese . Coming into Santiago twice will be a great feeling. Buen camino
Annie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back