• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to Oloron

Alan Pearce

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Invierno October 2022
I may need to get from SdC to Oloron next year. I guess the best way would be to fly to Paris and then take the train. Any other suggestions?

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Santiago Compostela Pau 11:30 03:00 15h 30min 93.0€ Then you just need to get to Oloron-Sainte-Marie!

A long way around but probably quicker is to get a cheap flight to Madrid on Ryanair and then another flight to Pau or Toulouse. Train from there to Oloron.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Falcon and Sillydoll. I walked from Pau to Lescar and then to Oloron 4 years ago, but I am keen to avoid the difficult section between Lescar and Oloron this time. Once is enough!

Alan

Hey Falcon

What website did you find the info for the Santiago/Oloron train on? Very Impressive information. I wonder if the station at Pau is open for business at 3 AM? I once took the bus from Santiago to Santander and arrived at 3AM. The bus station shut at 3.10 AM and we had to wait out in the street until 6.00AM for it to open again.

Alan

If you want to get from Pau to Oloron Ste Marie by public transport, the best way is by train, which takes 40 minutes and is very comfortable. First train is at 0732 and last at 21.38 depending on the day of the week. Website is http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/aquitaine. I don't know if the station is open during the night.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wonder if the station at Pau is open for business at 3 AM?
My memory of the Pau bus service from Lourdes is that the terminus was just a plaza -- no bus station. The ALSA arrival point is at the University of Pau et du Pays de l'Adour. It is a 2.7 km walk to the Gare de Pau, which is likely open 24 hours.

Most read last week in this forum