• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to Sarria travel tips?

Wandering Tom

Time of past OR future Camino
First time (Sept 4th-13th, Sarria to Santiago)
I'm arriving into Santiago tomorrow evening, Sept 4th at 7:15pm. Hopefully I can travel directly to Sarria after I land, so I can start walking on Saturday morning. What affordable options would people recommend for travelling?
Thanks,
Tom

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Empresa Freire bus to Lugo picks up at Santiago (Labacolla) Airport. The last one leaves 2010 ... making your 1915 timings tight. The bus arrives Lugo 2155.

The last Empresa Monforte (Monbus) bus leaves Lugo for Sarria at 2200. The connection is quite tight. I don't know if this bus waits for the Empresa Feire bus.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the reply Whari, yeah it's going to be a tight schedule. I'll just hope for the best.
I visited BC a few years ago, nice part of the world

Just to say that this worked out really well. Managed to even get a sandwich in the bus-station in Lugo. The only issue was that when I arrived to Sarria it was about 10:40pm and I couldn't get a taxi. So I had to walk to my hostel, I'd printed out the walking route and had it with me, but walking around a strange town at night might not be for everyone.

Most read last week in this forum