• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Schengen Visa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
December 2022
I’m an American and have been walking Camiño since January 24. French way from SJPdP, Fisterra/ Muxia, Central route of Portugese way from Porto and currently ten days on Norte starting from Irun.

I have come far on Norte and Santiago is ahead of me and I want to go there again. Problem is my 90 day Schengen expires on April 14 meaning I’m supposed to leave the EU by then….. but I want to keep walking.

Online info looks like there could be big consequences for overstaying but anecdotal info say maybe Spain doesn’t care to much? Anyone know how big of a problem this could be or knows people who have stayed over.

Again, I want to over stay but I’m worried of the consequences. Even if they let me leave the country with no penalty maybe there is a problem when I come back someday?

Any help appreciated,

Buen Camino

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You probably won’t hear from anyone here say it is OK to break the law. Time is up. Go home. Or find a legal way to stay. To do that - ask the proper authorities - not a bunch of random people on the internet. Can’t extend your stay legally? Go home and return when you are legally allowed to return.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum